2009年11月24日星期二

TASK 6 MUSEUM VISIT


On Friday 20th November I visited the V&A to see The Maharaja exhibition and it was an experience I never imagined. The exhibits were amazing very different to what I have seen previously during many other exhibitions. The main difference was its intricate patterns and use of colour combination to western cultures and designs. Also the paintings shows not only from a one dimensional view but from all perspective. 

In another section, I saw several artists working.

 
 
 

Then I went to the science museum where there were lots of new technological developments and gadgets. I don't really have an interest in science but there were some very interesting items that gave me some ideas for research and sketches. 

 


There were several interactive games for visitors to participate, which I thought was fun and educational. I believe that interaction is the way forward for future developments in fields such as design, art, media etc. to create more attention and awareness.


At last, I went to the Natural History museum to see the new centre piece of the Darwin Centre "The Cocoon". It is an amazing new research facility with Huge displays and installations; activities and adventure for visitors. 

At the core of Cocoon are the Museum's vital plant and insect collections that go back 400 years to the Museum's origins.  There is a virtual herbarium where you can turn pages to see ancient writings and illustrations of the17th-century.

On display  were numerous interaction activities, which was used to their fullest by visitors, this clearly demonstrates the trend in first hand interaction and its powerful effectiveness in drawing attention and awareness.
 

 
 


没有评论:

发表评论